Marita Dyrbe Mental Health Award
Awarded on each odd year to an occupational therapist for activities that enhance the practice of occupational therapy in mental health. The value of the award is $1,000.
Deadline: October 1, 2019 (every odd year)
Janice Hines Memorial Award
Awarded annually to an occupational therapist for an activity, which supports the transfer of knowledge of best practices in paediatric occupational therapy. The value of the award is $1,000.
Deadline: October 1 annually.
COTF Future Scholar Award
The COTF Future Scholar Award was introduced in 2008 in celebration of COTF’s 25th anniversary. The award is sponsored by COTF. Each academic institution that is interested in the award must contact firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31 each year to inform COTF of its interest.
The award is for Master’s professional students where the accent would be on research in the professional program. The award is for potential in research. The faculty at the given academic institution would be responsible for choosing the student(s) who has/have potential for capital R research, but is/are currently engaged in small r research. COTF will send a cheque for $100 in the name of the academic institution. It is the responsibility of the academic institution to issue a cheque to the student(s).
The award should be presented at an event, such as an awards ceremony, where COTF would receive recognition. Each academic institution must provide COTF with the name of the winning student(s) and photo(s) no later than December 31. COTF will send a PDF of a certificate that can be printed for presentation to the student(s). Cheques will be mailed to the academic institutions in January or February of the following year.
Deadline: December 31 annually.
(please contact the provinces directly for more and up to date information)
1. CAOT-BC Awards
The timeline for the CAOT-BC Awards program is February 15-May 31, 2018. CAOT-BC will be accepting applications until May 31, 2018.
2. SAOT Clinical Research Grants
A maximum of three $500 grants are awarded annually for the following:
- Education to Allow Research: The purpose of the grant is to support occupational therapists in Alberta who are advancing their knowledge to enable them to carry out clinical research.
- Clinical Research Award: The purpose of this grant is to support clinical research in the area of occupational therapy, which is not academically supported.
- Financial Assistance for Research Presentation: The purpose of this grant is to support occupational therapists in Alberta doing a presentation on research that has been completed.
Deadline: April 1 annually.
MSOT Research Fund Presentation Award:
To provide funding to support the presentation of original clinical/research findings by occupational therapists who are presenting at a national or international scientific meeting. One award of up to a maximum of $500.00 is available annually.
Deadline: 2nd Monday in January annually.
MSOT Mary Judd Research Application:
Awarded annually to members of MSOT for research on occupational performance and occupational therapy.
Deadline: 1st Monday of November annually.
- OSOT Research Fund Grants – Supporting OT Research in Ontario
- OSOTRF OT Research Grant ($1,000) – supports original research to provide an evidence base for clinical or practice related issues with a focus on support of occupational therapist clinician-researchers.
- OSOTRF Strategic Priorities Research Grant ($10,000) – supports research that contributes to the growth of clinical research in occupational therapy that supports the positioning and evolution of practice in Ontario, addressing policy and practice priorities and the economic impact of occupational therapy in Ontario.
NSSOT Education Award
Awarded to a member of NSSOT to fund participation in educational programs.
Deadline: September 1 annually.
6. COTF-NBAOT Scholarship Award
*Applications due by August 1
The COTF-NBAOT Scholarship Award will be given to three NBAOT members who offer an OT-related presentation between September 1- November 30. An award of $200 will be offered to the top 3 applications based on relevance to OT and quality of the proposal. Any type of presentation may be considered – Lunch and Learn, poster, etc.
Please provide the following to email@example.com by August 1:
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Title and Brief Description of Presentation (approx. 100 words)
Winners will be notified by email by August 15.